Hear stories of the American-Vietnam war as you discover the maze-like Cu Chi Tunnels, a 136-mile (220 kilometers) network of underground tunnels used by the Viet soldiers. Step back in time as you peek into the old storage areas, poke your head through camouflaged trapdoors, and crawl through military supply tunnels.
- Rather small group size, 9 pax, more convenience and save your time
- Half day tour is suitable for travelers do not have so much time
- Lower price than private tour or speedboat tour to Cu Chi Tunnels
- Mix of Cu Chi Tunnels and many tourist attractions in the center of Ho Chi Minh City
- The luxurious, spacious and comfortable limousine
- Tour code: VIP04 – Saigon Adventure Tours
- Tour name: Cu Chi Tunnels & Ho Chi Minh City Tour Full Day VIP Group
- Start time: 8:30 AM
- End time: 3:00 PM
- Duration: 9 hours (half day)
- Price: $65 USD
- Group size: 9 pax
- Transportation: limousine
Do you dare enter the tunnels through the very small entrance which is only fit one passenger at one time. Viet Cong soldiers used wooden doors and leaves to camouflage entrances. If you are successfull on going though the “hole”, you win at the challenge.
Itinerary of Cu Chi Tunnels & Ho Chi Minh City Tour Full Day VIP Group
8:00 AM – Pick up
Be picked up by your driver and tour guide at your hotel in the center of Ho Chi Minh City. Start the journey to Cu Chi Tunnels and spend approximately 1 hour and a half on the car.
Escape from the hustle and bustle city, enjoy the beautiful and peaceful scenery of the Vietnam’s countryside along the way. Pass the lush rice fields stretching far as the eye can see, forests, cultivated areas. See how local people go about their works, pupils ride bicycles to schools, even water buffaloes and druck swimming in lakes, ponds, and rivers, cows wandering on grass fields,… And be surprised to know that this area was completely destroyed by tons of mines and bombs, toxic chemicals of various types of the U.S. in the Vietnam war.
9:30 AM – Arrival & Cu Chi Tunnels Discovery
There are lots of things to do at the Cu Chi Tunnels and you will spend about 3 – 4 hours at the site:
- Watch a short documentary film about the Vietnam War, Vietnamese history and Cu Chi Tunnels
- Listen to must-known information about the underground maze as well as less-known stories told by your expert guide and from the local perspective
- Walk around the forests and enjoy the fresh air
- See with your own eyes the very small secret wooden entrance doors which were only fit the small Viet Cong soldiers and covered with camouflage leaves. Learn how to enter the doors, try to do that with the help of the staff at the tunnels or your tour guide
- See the traps of different types: booby trap, rolling trap, clipping armpit trap, conical trap, sea saw trap, folding chair,… and learn how they work
- See a B-52 bomb crater
- Visit meeting room, hospital, kitchen with smokeless Hoang Cam stove, sewing room, shoes making rooms,…
- Take a rest, sip some hot tea, enjoy the cassava served with sesame salt which VC troops and Cu Chi people used to eat due to lack of food
- Try to crawl some sections of the tunnels if you feel adventurous enough. Crawl as fast as possible and finish the tunnels safe under the instruction of the leader (your tour guide or local guide)
- Try your hand at shooting at an AK-47 gun at the shooting range with the help of the staff
- See some weapons including guns and bullets, tanks, parts of bombs and aircrafts
- Buy some nice souvenirs
12:30 AM – 1 PM – End of the Cu Chi Tunnels trip & Lunch & Back to Saigon center
Enjoy the delicious Vietnamese dishes for lunch after exploring the tunnels. After that, be transferred back to the center of Saigon.
2:30 PM – Visit tourist attractions in Ho Chi Minh City
- Reunification Palace, which was the former residence of the President of the Republic of Vietnam until the end of the war in April 1975
- Notre Dame Cathedral – one of the most beautiful French architecture in Saigon and the iconic sight of the city
- General Post Office with charming facade and unique interior building design
- War Remnant Museum primarily dealing with the American War, but the French-colonial period
5:30 PM – Return back to your hotel
Be dropped off at your hotel, say good bye to your tour guide and driver.
Price of Cu Chi Tunnels Tour Small Group Half Day: $45 USD/pax
In case you would like to book a tour with more privacy and flexibility, our Private Cu Chi Tunnels Tour Half Day is suitable for your group.
Modified from the original 16-seater car, spacious limousine in Vietnam usually has 9 seats with leather covers and decorated beautifully with wood and lots of modern facilities.
Watch the short documentary film at the beginning of the trip in order to have some basic knowledge about Cu Chi Tunnels.
Crawling the tunnels is really worth doing. This activity is suitable for adults, children, the elderly. In fact, the tunnels for tourists to experience are widen and dim lights are installed. So that, the challenge is not too difficult. However, it is a little bit dark and small enough to make passengers feel like being real tunnellers.
It is a great time to walk under the shade of lush green trees. The air is fresh and it is cool when you are at the site of Cu Chi Tunnels.
This tank were used during the Vietnam War, now it become an exhibit and you are welcome to take memorable pictures with it. The guys look like real soldiers with your tank in the photo above.
Try to shoot a gun at Cu Chi Tunnels! I belive that you will enjoy the activity.
Reunification Palace is like the Berlin Wall in Germany, is remembered vividly as a marked end to the Vietnam War which lasted almost 20 years. Designed by the talented Vietnamese architect Ngô Viết Thụ, Reunification Palace was built on the site of the former Norodom Palace and has a very beautiful and admirable architecture. In addition, there are many things inside to see: different function rooms telling stories about the life and work of President of the Republic of Vietnam.
Constructed from 1886-1891, Saigon Central Post Office depicts classic elements of Renaissance, Gothic, and French colonial design. The post office is impressive for not only the splendid facade but also its interior architecture which has been said to be like a train station in Europe.
Constructed between 1863 and 1880, Notre Dame Cathedral has a scenic Paris Square, reaches a height of up to 60 meters, has become the iconic sight of Saigon for many years.
You can see hundreds of objects related to the Vietnam War at the Museum of War Remnants at Saigon downtown. In the picture above, service gas masks for the U.S. soldiers during the toxic chemical spraying operations launched by American Army in Southern Vietnam, are presented.
See more: Cu Chi Tunnels Half Day Private Tour
Inclusion of Cu Chi Tunnels & Ho Chi Minh City Tour Full Day VIP Group
- Entrance ticket at Cu Chi Tunnels (Ben Dinh)
- English-speaking tour guide
- 1 Bottle of water/pax
- Tea & cassava
- Free pick up & drop off at hotels in District 1 & 3
- Transportation (luxury limousine with A/C, driver)
Exclusion of Cu Chi Tunnels & Ho Chi Minh City Tour Full Day VIP Group
- Foods & Beverages
- Other expenses (souvenirs)
- Shooting gun and other games at Cu Chi Tunnels